Thursday, January 31, 2013

Creamy Grape and pomegranate salad

My husband loves grapes and insists on buying them every time we go to the shop,but, does not eat them 
until I make him eat ! May be like me, he feels the need to see fruit in the fridge i guess.

Since I am pushing myself to eat more fruit,I am constantly coming up with recipes in my mind to get some fruit into me.This is one of the easiest salads you would come across.This is what i call "semi-homemade" cooking,where in all you have to do is buy and assemble it. Probably most of the time you have all the ingredients in your fridge.



Instead of crunching on some biscuits and chips, trying substituting with this salad and it will fulfill your mid-afternoon cravings.The grapes are sweet and tender and the pomegranate burst with flavor and the nuts add the nice creaminess along with the sour cream. In most salads cream cheese is used for the creaminess but i am using sour cream in order to cut a few calories. If you are daring enough, sprinkle with cayenne pepper and dive in!


Creamy grape and pomegranate salad Serves 3

Ingredients:
Green grapes - 1 cup
Pomegranate - 1 
Sour cream - 2 tspn
Walnuts - 3 tspn

Method:
Take the sour cream in a cup and mix it using a spoon.
Add all the other ingredients and mix, coating all the fruits in the cream.
Eat it as it is or serve it chill.

Substitutions: 
Thick yogurt can be substituted for sour cream.

Feeling healthy i hope :)


3 comments:

  1. I finally made this salad....it took me three different stores to find a pomegranate!! It was delicious. Who would have thought that so few ingredients would taste so good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe, and I made it with yogurt. It was so yummy, making it again this week. I feel good about having this as a snack during the day rather than eating yunk. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete