Monday, June 17, 2013

Chilly chicken bites

I love the chili chicken bites  my mom made. These were always accompanied with chicken biriyani and it was a real treat. After I got married I never had it and until one day I badly wanted to eat them and decided to do them my style because I forgot how my mom made them. My husband told me he has never had them and I was surprised because I have had them for as long as I can remember. After that one time I don know how many times I have made them for him in the last two months.He insisted on having it on the game day Yesterday. So I made a big bowl of my chicken bites for the game. These are kind of Indian popcorn chicken.


He even mentioned to me that we should think about selling them here in the US. Hmmm now I know how much he likes them. So I made him my chicken bites and a bowl of fried chicken nuggets for myself!
Since my husband love this so much I wanted to feature this recipe. I have never written this recipe down until today. So here is the recipe for my famous chicken bites.
I used boneless chicken cut into nuggets, but you can use chicken with bone also. I used chicken tenderloins.





Chili chicken bites
Ingredients
Chicken cleaned,cut into nuggets - 1 cup, nearly 225 grms
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
chili powder - 1 1/2 tbspn
Pepper powder - 1 1/2 tbspn
Cumin powder - 1/2 tspn
Tomato Ketchup - 1.5 tspn (optional)
Lemon - 1/2 tspn
salt - 1/2 tspn ,use according to taste
Cornflour - 1 to 2 tbspn
Semolina / White Rava - 1/2 tbsp
Water - 1 tbspn
Oil for deep fry

Method:
Heat oil in the pan
Add the ginger garlic paste, the spices,ketchup,lemon juice,half the amount of salt and mix together.
Taste and check for salt.If less add the required salt.
Add the cornflour and mix well.
Add the chicken and coat with masala. If it appears very thick, add little water and mix to the right consistency that all the masala stiks to teh chicken.
Add the semolina and mix with the chicken.
Deep fry in oil for 5-6 minutes or until the masala turns deep red in colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment